DRUG POSSESSION LAWYER IN LANCASTER
LET OUR EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY HELP YOU
If you have been charged with the possession of illegal substances, your future is on the line. Not only are you facing serious legal penalties, but you may also see your reputation amongst your family and peers tarnished. Drug crime convictions can affect your ability to find work as well as build and maintain relationships. Most importantly, you might see limitations and restrictions on your personal freedom.
At the Law Offices of Tyson R. Beers, we can offer an experienced and effective criminal defense attorney in Lancaster who wants to ensure your rights are protected. Tyson R. Beers has more than 20 years of practicing criminal defense law in the Antelope Valley, which gives him the advantage of familiarity with the local court system. When you bring your case to our firm, you can trust in our aggressive defense because when the law gets tough, Tyson gets tougher.
THE CONSEQUENCES OF A POSSESSION CONVICTION
In order to be convicted of a drug possession charge, the prosecution must prove that you willfully possessed an illegal substance without a prescription. Additionally, the amount of the drug found on your person must have been enough to be sufficient for use or sale. If convicted, you may also find yourself facing additional, related charges including intent to sell, possession of paraphernalia, DUI, and others.
Depending on the severity, these charges can lead to penalties including:
- Jail time
- Community service hours
- Mandatory participation treatment programs
DEFENDING YOUR CHARGES IN THE ANTELOPE VALLEY
While you may feel backed into a corner after an arrest for drug possession, our drug crime attorney has the experience with and knowledge of California law to understand how to fight it. As an experienced Lancaster criminal defense lawyer, he knows that that drug charges are not always black and white and can take the time to thoroughly investigate your charges to determine an aggressive and effective defensive strategy.
There are many scenarios that can be used as defense for possession, including:
- The drugs aren't yours – simply put, you may have been unaware of the existence of the drugs, as they may have belonged to someone else who was in your company and mistakenly identified as yours. In these cases, the burden of proof lies on the prosecutor.
- Search and seizure violations – if the drugs were found through methods that violated your rights under the Fourth Amendment — rights to a lawful search and seizure prompted by probable cause – they may be inadmissible and enough to have your case dismissed.
- Arresting officer's conduct – in certain scenarios, your attorney may be able to argue that the arrest was made as a result of planted drugs or entrapment. This means that an officer pressured the defendant into committing a crime that he or she never intended to commit.
- Missing evidence – our team of legal professionals will also use the existence and accuracy of the prosecution's evidence to your advantage. We can ensure that the prosecution has the actual drugs in question, and that they have been properly and accurately tested and analyzed. Otherwise, we will argue for the case to be dismissed due to lack of evidence.
With the tough and experienced litigation of the Law Offices of Tyson R. Beers, you can feel confident knowing that you do have options facing your possession charges. He can analyze your case from every angle and use his resources to fight for you.
TOUGH, DEDICATED LEGAL COUNSEL
When you work with our Lancaster criminal defense lawyer at the Law Offices of Tyson R. Beers, you can feel confident knowing that you are not facing your charges alone. Having the experience and aggressiveness of our team in your corner can help protect your freedom. We have made it our mission to advocate for the rights of the accused and will do everything in our power to fight for your future.
Take action immediately and call our firm today!